Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Pleasant Little Smth From 3 Yrs Back

So I was browsing thru my gal pal, Alicia's old blog posts today and I came across this particular entry titled "Seeing Aatricia", dated 19/11/2005 which I never knew existed till now. Gesh! Come to think of it, I think that was the last time I met up with Alicia...3 yrs, has it been that long?!

//Look! I was still spotting the long curly hair I had done @ BKK's Siam Sq.\\

I don't even remember the exact date this took place, but apparently, it took place not long after I completed my one year stint in Bangkok and was back in Singapore, busy helping a 'friend' set up his wedding proposal @ The Ritz-Carlton (a 'friend' who I turn out never hearing from again after that event *roll eyes*...ok, maybe I was partly at blame cos shortly after that, I left for Ali Baba Land...anyway...).

Both Lucus (SOMETHING's nephew) & Alicia were there to lend me a hand . . . :)

Lucus was there cos he was staying over at my place that night as I was bringing him for a tree-top walk the next morning @ MacRitchie reservoir (I can't possibly leave him at home while I headed out right?!). And Alicia was there simply becos we wanted to catch up before she headed back to Down Under.

And I totally remember how childish Alicia & I were behaving, leading my friends (who've never met Alicia or Lucus before) to believe that Lucus (who has never met Alicia before) was Alicia's son. Complicated right?! *hahaha*

Lucus was still very young and innocent then, and had a very hard time convincing himself to 'play Alicia's son' cos he feels that is lying and lying is not good. *oopsie* I'm a bad nanny! ;p

Kinda reminds me of how me and my gal pals used to lead strangers we meet at clubs to believe we're someone else who lead this other life with some random fake names.

Oh...one would think that I've already outgrown such childish behaviour... gosh...even I would expect myself to be more mature than that by now. But... believe it or not, I still lie about my nationality to random strangers along the streets of Beirut who asks me where I'm from for absolutely no reason. I mean, why would a random guy talking on the phone @ the public phone booth stop his conversation just to ask me where I'm from!?!?!? Does it REALLY MATTER!?!?!?! -___-"

True story!

No comments: