Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Ugly Side of Beirut


*BOO HOO*
Tough luck for moi & moi's SOMETHING!

Last Saturday, after we returned from the gym and was getting ready to head out for a movie @ ABC Asharafieh, we realised our $$$ were missing.

Yes! 3 $ signs cos the amt we lost was 3 digits!

TOTAL DAMAGE:
HE: 110,000LP (equivalent to 73.3USD)
SHE: 100USD

We are positive the $$$ was stolen during the time we were at the gym cos just the night before, we still had the $$$ in (his jeans pocket) & (my handbag).

*RAWRRRRRRR*

Told the landlord abt it, he said he'll investigate cos apparently, the housekeeper for that day was newly employed.
*argh*

I doubt we'll ever get our $$$ back, and I'm now really stressed out abt leaving my apartment while the housekeeper cleans it everyday.

Nothing much I can do abt it really. . .

YESH! I shall unleash the BITCH in me!!!
*wahahaha*

Well, u know how I sometimes post some not so pleasant pictures of the ACTUAL SITUATION in Algeria?

Like the pix below (fished out from SOMETHING's blog entry abt Air Algerie here)
I kid u NOT!

Almost 75% of the seats on Air Algerie (at least the ones flying between BEY-ALG/ ALG-CASA) are in this condition -____-"

And trust me, we aren't the only ones talking abt the below "value for money" standards on board Air Algerie .

In fact, the Lebanese colleagues themselves often mock the pauper-like conditions in Algeria.

Honestly people, take a look around before mocking at others.

Do you honestly think that . . .

THIS!
(view from the back seat of a taxi in Beirut)
AND THIS!
(view of the back seat of a taxi in Beirut)

... is a lot better than the economy passenger seats on Air Algerie???

I've taken my fair share of taxi rides in Beirut (esp since I take a taxi to & from work everyday), and I am certainly not showing the minority taxi conditions. I would say almost 80% or more of the taxis in Beirut are in this condition.

Frankly, I'm always worried that my clothes will get soiled or ripped from the dirty seats or some spring sticking out from the seats. That also explains why I hardly wear / carry and nice clothes / handbags when I'm in this region.

I know.

I'm a BITCH.

WATCHA GONNA DO ABT IT!

Aahhh ~ ~ ~

Feeling much better after blog-bitching abt random stuffs.

*deep breathes*

No comments: