Saturday, May 13, 2006

Dear Diary

Was going through some of my old stuffs the other day. And I saw a couple of my journals which I've wrote in since I was 11. Needless to say, the kinda stuffs I wrote between the age of 11-15 was, urmz.... , let's just say they were embarassing.

When I came to the most recent 2 journals, one which I started in 1998-Livia, and the other, in 2001-Matt, (Yes! Call me weird, but I name my journals as if they were a person) I noticed the huge difference in the things that were important to me, upset me, and particularly in the way I expressed my thoughts.

During my uni. days, I would sketch out the things that made the deepest impression on me in the day every time I wrote in my journal. Here, check out some of the entries in my dairy then...

BRO & ZUK ZUK (Up Close & Personal)
1st Jun 2000: Came home from school that afternoon. Saw Zuk Zuk (my stray 'pet' cat) staring @ Bro. while he snoozed on the couch. Bro woke up suddenly, (probably cos he felt sth in front of him) stared straight @ Zuk Zuk and screamed in shock! This must've scared Zuk Zuk cos at the same time, she gave out a terrified meow & jumped right out of the window! It was hilarious!!!

ROUND & ROUND THE CAROUSEL GOES

13th May 2000: I've always loved those pretty carousels @ carnivals, so romantic, so fairytale-like. I remember there used to be one @ Clarke Quay that looks just like the drawing above. Under the moonlight and star-filled sky, it was absolutely magical.

WHO'S UR DADDY?!

5th Aug 1999: And occasionally, I get some of my close pals to contribute a little something in my journal. What you see above is a 'self-portrait' Andy has done up of himself back in 1999. "Wah Wah! I bet you don't remember a thing about this! Hahaha! ! ! ".

I've never stopped writing in my journal after all these years. I may not write as frequent as I used to, neither am I as illustrative as before. But I still jot down every significant moment of my life and flip thru them every now and then. Keeps the REAL ME in me alive.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I love the carousels too ... The one at Brighton brought me memories of some childhood-like fantasies ....