Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A Little "Emo" Lately

I had the luxury of having some quiet time to myself to think over some stuff last weekend. Several hypothetical scenarios crossed my mind as I stared @ the view in front of me. I stood at the highest point of Kent Ridge Road, looking down @ the pretty lights that were lit up across the congested harbour.

The song: “And Then I Kissed Him” from the movie Pearl Harbour played in the background. I grinned to myself, thinking, “Mmm… I’m listening to the theme song from Pearl Harbour while gazing at the Harbour!”… Seriously! How corny can I get to even come up with that! Ha ha ha!

Back to the part about hypothetical scenarios running thru my mind, probably cos I was in a setting where the dramatic storyline of Pearl Harbour seemed all so relevant. I started to imagine I was back in one of history’s most poignant and unsettling times (being physically apart from SOMETHING made my fictitious tale easier to picture).

I imagined SOMETHING being caught in the action of war and all… imagined something happened to SOMETHING… and I stopped. There’s no need for me to imagine that! SOMETHINGs in Beirut for Christ sake! And anything can easily happen to SOMETHING there!!! @_@ *darn* I got myself worrying out of nothing again!

I asked myself how well will I cope with loved ones dying young, a common topic in trashy magazines these days. How long will I grieve over the death of someone I love? How long will it take before I forget what it felt like to be beside him? And finally, how long before I find someone new and move on? I didn’t answer any of my questions eventually. I headed home, called SOMETHING, just to know he’s well.

Next day, I asked the same questions to the people around me (I don’t know why). Most guys told me they’d definitely get a rebound girl to help them move on. Is that what most girls would do as well?

1 comment:

Alicia said...

One surely has to come to terms and move on, as one's life shouldn't be put on hold to grief for a while too long.

Time is the subject. Moving on does not necessarily mean forget but to respect the fact that time does not stop and you too, will have to keep your life going forward. Simple but true - life is too short.

The emotions are hard to control and surely takes a bit of strength for one to get to the acceptance phase. Once there, it's only what that had happened that made your life and what you are today.

:) XOXOXOXO