Sunday, December 17, 2006

Rookie Lecturer

Last week, I had my first go at training a new batch of freshmen for my company’s Algerian Distributor. The group we were supposed to train was rather small, and my part of the training was merely a day’s lecture out of the one week long training.

However, since this is my first time to stand in front of a group of students who are mostly around or above my age, it was inevitable for me to feel a little nervy. It also didn’t help to notice that most of them, regardless of age, somehow manage to LOOK very mature and TALK like they “know-a-lot”.

But once I started lecturing, I realised it wasn’t all that intimidating. There was a lot of classroom participation; the students were responsive to questions posed, and were very serious when it came to doing exercises & workshops. I would have to say, I’m not sure if the same training had took place in Asia, would have received similar enthusiasm.

SOMETHING was also one of the lecturers for this training. He was previously involved in a freshmen training last summer, back in Casablanca with 40+ students. Hence, he was able to give me lotsa useful advices on how to respond to difficult questions and how to react when being challenged. Thanx SOMETHING!!! (^_^)

All in all, it was an interesting and refreshing experience for me. Shall strive to perform better next time! Meanwhile, I’ll be training up on my presentation and lecturing skills for the next freshmen training.

~THE BUNCH OF US @ THE TRAINING~

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: