Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The LIFESTYLE I Deserve

Sorry for the lack of updates. Been swarmed with work for the past couple of weeks. Was over in Algeria over the weekends for business (cos Sat & Sun are working days in Algeria), came back to work in Beirut on Monday and will soon be flying off to Japan & Singapore for business again. Absolutely no weekend for me! *phew*

But enough about me not having any weekends and let’s look at what I did when I actually manage to enjoy them.

SOMETHING & I have been deprived of a nice environment to workout since we came to this region as most of our time was spent in Algeria. Over the period of 13mths or so since I first came here, I put on close to 10kgs - I guess *gasp*.

And when we're finally able to 'relocate' back to Beirut, we took the opportunity to make it a point to eat healthy & adopt a more active lifestyle.

Our action plan?
>Veggies, fruits & protein are our usual diet.
>Attempts to take slow jogs along the corniche during the weekends and also joining a gym! :)

We had wanted to sign up with Fitness First initially, cos the membership could be used internationally and there's a Fitness First in Singapore as well. But a fellow Jap colleague introduced us to a very classy gym- LIFESTYLES near where we live, and when we toured around the gym, we were immediately bought over by its luxurious and world class facilities.



Female Changing Room
(according to SOMETHING, the furnitures in the Men Changing Room are in blue)

Preparing to hit the gym


All the equipments are very new and well-maintained

SOMETHING look so cute! >.<


Indoor Heated Pool & Jacuzzi
(Perfect for relaxing your tensed muscles after lifting those weights *winks*)


Studio for Various Classes
(They even have Oriental Dancing classes *woot*)


Squash Courts
(I don't play squash so don't ask me how it is ;p)


Club Bar
(They serve the basic beverages, fruit shakes & protein bars. All very healthy stuffs)

I had banana shake & a cookies & cream protein bar *yum*



Pool Room
(A perfect way to spend the weekend with your gym buddy after a good workout)


Games Room
(Was told they provide some board games, cards & stuffs in this room. Didn't spend time in this room this time, so I'm not sure)


Internet Room
(There's a computer available where you're able to surf the web. Not sure whether they have wireless network thou)


The Library
(Comfy couches to watch tv or flip through health magazines)

I actually fell asleep on the couch for an hour while SOMETHING sat quietly beside me reading Men's Health *hee*

And we hit the gym for another hour after I woke up from my nap *hahaha*
All in all, we spend a very fulfilling SUNDAY! ! ! *wee~*

Since we're constantly travelling, we decided to sign up for their 'overseas' package where we paid a total of 300USD for 20 visits (no expiry) which equates to 15USD per visit. Pretty good deal considering the available facilities and considering the fact that we could actually spend the entire day there with all the interesting stuffs to keep us entertained.

Till I come back from all my travelling and am able to hit the gym again, I better find an alternative method to keep the scales in check! >.<

No comments: