Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Commencement of 2007 Freshmen Training Camp

I’ve been a little occupied at the trainings lately and haven’t been able to blog about this till now.

Well, 21st Oct 07 marks the kick-off to this year’s Freshmen Training Camp. This year, the freshmen intake was increased by a whooping 200% from the previous year’s training camp which was held in Casablanca.

For the 2007 Freshmen Training Camp, the company has gathered a total of 120 freshies from our distributors & dealers in Algeria, Egypt, Syria, China, Japan, Morocco and Sudan to attend the one month training camp here in Algiers.

As one of the instructors for our regional training academy, I have to train all 120 freshmen in 4 groups of 25-30, for 2 days of training each session.

Although I’ve had the opportunity to train a handful of freshmen in Dec 06, this whole experience is still very new and somewhat intimidating for me.
1) The class is A LOT bigger than the Dec 06 batch
2) I don’t exactly appear to look a lot older than most of the freshies
3) I tend to speak really fast when I’m nervous so I’m afraid I’ll complete the lecture before the intended time

To date, I’ve completed the training for 2 groups of freshmen. And you know what; it’s really not as nerve-racking as I thought it would be. Unlike the general Singaporean students, both classes were very participative and responsive. They were not afraid to voice out any queries and were definitely not embarrassed to make mistakes.

I guess this training camp is probably one of the more fulfilling stuffs I’ve accomplished since I started working in the Middle East (Lebanon)/ North Africa (Algeria & Morocco).

Oh, if you’re interested to read about some of the more outrageous or surreal stuffs about the living conditions @ the campsite in Hotel El Bahir (like WTF's going on in the picture below), visit SOMETHING's post here.

No comments: