Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Various Happy Updates

Update (1)
*WOOT*
Guess what I've been busy with!?
Hint hint... long hollies coming along the way... *hee hee*

Been busy planning my 2 weeks vacation with SOMETHING to & .. . . . . *WOOO HOOO OOOO~*

Planning the trip was definitely no easy task... SOMETHING & I felt like we were preparing for an examination from all the researches on flights, train schdules, places of interests, trams & buses to take, accomodations, etc.

Planning for this trip is somewhat complicated cos:
1) SOMETHING will be on biz trip to Prague from 21/4~24/4, then he'll be flying to Amsterdam on 25/4 to meet me. So we had to plan & purchase our plane tix separately.
2) Our main objective is to visit SOMETHING's cousin who's now staying in Eindhoven (which ain't a popular tourist place, thus a little out of the way). So we've kinda gotta plan the route in such a way whereby we'll have to give a couple of main attractions a miss in order to spend more time in Eindhoven.
3) Euro is extremely strong now... and US dollar is the exact opp. And since we're earning in US dollars, our budget is tighter than we would like it to be *sulk*.

In any case, to be able to go on a vacation is definitely good news for us!
Also... this trip represents loads of firsts for me...
> 1st time to visit Europe =)
> 1st time to take a 'real' vacation since I started working in the Middle East (home leaves back to Singapore don't count as vacation yah)

I'm so so so excited!!!!!! =D


Update (2)
Guess what I had for breakfast last Saturday???

CHEE CHONG FUN (click here if u dunno what this is) & TAU SAR PAU (which is really steamed bun with red bean paste filling) *slurp slurp slurp*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All thanks to a visitor from Singapore who was sweet enough to bring some local delights from Singapore during his short visit last week! THANKS PAUL! (^_^)


CHEE CHONG FUN *drool*

KONG GUAN BRAND TAU SAR PAU
*my all time fav*



Update (3)

Just an interesting sight spotted near my office.

THEME: Haven't 15 years of hiding in toilets been enough?!
600 porcelain toilets are placed in the open field in central Beirut to mark 33 years since the outbreak of a war in 1975 that devastated Lebanon for 15 years.

Why toilets? Cos apparently, during the war, many people used to hide from the bombings in their toilets where there were no glass windows. And now that the Lebanese hear the possibility of yet another war, they started to raise this question: "Haven't we had enough?".

1 comment:

Luv, Vif said...

Hi, thanks for leaving your comment in my blog. hmmm... after looking ya blog, I still don't seem to recall your face. You must have changed alot. I didn't get your name. I'm Wen Yi, used to be clarinetist during Sec one, then became trumpeter. Is your name-tag green? If yes, then you must be the same batch as Weifen and Huimin? I super love them. =) =)