Monday, September 10, 2007

Biz Trip to Annaba @ Algeria

Went on a short biz trip to Annaba from 07/09/07 ~ 08/09/07. Annaba is a a city in the north-eastern corner of Algeria, near the river Seybouse and the Tunisian border.

Took this pic in a moving car, pardon me for the blur image >.<

The biz trip agenda was very tight, as a result, I didn't get a chance to look around Annaba. However, I did manage to catch a glimpse of one of the must sees of Annaba - the Church of Saint-Augustine of Hippo, or "Lela Bouna" as it is sometimes reffered to in Arabic. (not becos there was time, but becos I could see it from where one of the dealers was situated at... had to super zoom with my camera in order to take a decent pic of the church) -___-


Church of Saint-Augustine of Hippo


I was staying at Hotel Le Majestic. It was a fairly simple hotel. But good enough for a small city in Algeria if you ask me. Oh, btw, the beds are hard as a rock. My ribs almost broke when I slept on my side... >o<

Hotel Le Majestic main entrance


View from the balcony

On the night I arrived in Annaba, the branch manager brought me and a couple of my colleagues out for dinner at a restaurant by the beach - Restaurant L'Albatros . The food was superb! Esp. the appetiser we had, Papillote Crevette (Shrimps w/ Cream Sauce)... my goodness... it was heavenly. *drool*


Restaurant L'Albatros

A variety of cheese for finger food - My favourite has gotta be Camembert Cheese *yum*


Papillote Crevette (Absolute Heaven)

Fish for the main dish (forgot the name of the fish... but it was pretty good too)

And finally, we finished off the dinner with a traditional cup of Algerian mint tea.


Cheers! - To the upcoming Ramadan! *hahaha*

No comments: