Monday, September 24, 2007

Updates From Beirut

Yet another bombing incident happened in Beirut last Wednesday, 19th Sep 07.

Picture extracted from BBC News

Smoke rises in Beirut from the wreckage of a car carrying Antoine Ghanim, a Maronite Christian MP in Lebanon's anti-Syrian coalition. At least six other people were killed in the blast, which also damaged nearby buildings.

It somehow seems to me that wherever I happen to be, it’s just not safe. Bombings in Algeria, suicide bombers in Morocco, car bombings in Beirut ... ... ... etc. Er, Boss, I ain’t exactly earning millions here for me to be risking my life can. -___-

SOMETHING & I were at ABC Ashrafieh watching RATATOUILLE on the 19th actually. We were kinda celebrating our 4yr 2mths of dating anniversary. ( YES! We still celebrate on a monthly basis… very juvenile I know, get over it can! =p ) Simple movie & dinner date thingy, nothing exaggerated really.


Oh! Oh! This is addressed to Alicia! Remember the book I bought you for your 23rd Bdae - "All About Me"?! I saw it at a bookstore in ABC Ashrafieh . And guess what!? They have a version called "All About Us" now! Interested? *winks*

Alicia posing with all her gifts back in 2003

Anyhooo, back to the bombing incident on Wednesday... it kinda earned us a day off from work on Friday as the Lebanese gathers to mourn the death of the latest political victim.

Didn’t exactly get to enjoy the long weekend as I was down with what seems like mild food contamination. But after a day’s rest, I managed to drag myself out of the cramp little studio apartment SOMETHING & I are bunking in along Hamra Street.


On 22nd Sep, Saturday, we headed down to our favourite shopping mall ABC Ashrafieh for yet another movie on the big screen! *woo Oooo*

Movie No. 3 *Check!*

After shopping around for a bit, we took a coffee break @ PAUL. I miss coffee frappa sooooooo much! (ice blended/ ice coffee is non-existent in Algeria)


In short - WE ARE HAPPY!!! =)


In didn't take us long before we decided to grab dinner (they don't call us The Eating Couple for no reason *hahaha*).

We tried to keep the dinner light by ordering some BBQ wings to share and a salad each. But the portions were huge and somehow we end up feel stuffed as usual. =p

No comments: