Thursday, September 20, 2007

RATATOUILLE - Watched & Loved It!

Finally caught the movie RATATOUILLE @ ABC Ashrafieh yesterday (19-09-07), and I LOVED IT!!!

The animation in the movie was most impressive. The details of every movement, the depths, the colours… all very very superb! Pixar has certainly outdone themselves this time! *applause*

The movie tells the heartwarming story of a rat living in Paris; name Rémy, who goes beyond all boundaries to follow his heart and fulfilling his dream of becoming a chef.


Ratatouille is actually a traditional French Provençal stewed vegetable dish, originating in Nice. The full name of the dish is ratatouille niçoise.


Oh! And I just love the theme song from the movie. The song is in French, it’s called “Le Festin” (Translates to “The Feast”). The song was written by Michael Giacchino & performed by Camille.

Beautiful beautiful song ~ *sway along with the music*


Le Festin

Les rêves des amoureux sont comme le bon vin

Ils donnent de la joie ou bien du chagrin

Affaibli par la faim, je suis malheureux

Volant en chemin tout ce que je peux

Car rien n’est gratuit dans la vie...


L'espoir est un plat bien trop vite consommé

À sauter les repas, je suis habitué

Un voleur, solitaire, est triste à nourrir

À nous, je suis amer, je veux réussir

Car rien n’est gratuit dans la vie...


Jamais on ne me dira que la course aux étoiles, ça n’est pas pour moi

Laissez-moi vous émerveiller, prendre mon envol

Nous allons enfin nous réga(ler)...


La fête va enfin commencer (thanks stef stef)


Et sortez les bouteilles, finis les ennuis

Je dresse la table, de ma nouvelle vie

Je suis heureux a l'idée de ce nouveau destin

Une vie à me cacher, et puis libre enfin

Le festin est sur mon chemin...


Une vie à me cacher et puis libre enfin

Le festin est sur mon chemin...


English Translation:

Dreams are to lovers as wine is to friends

Carried through lifetimes, (and) spilled now and then

I am driven by hunger, so saddened to be

Thieving in darkness; I know you're not pleased

But nothing worth eating is free


My hope is a banquet impatiently downed

Impossibly full, now I'll probably drown

Many thieves' lives are lonely with one mouth to feed

If giving means taking, I'll never succeed

For nothing worth stealing is...


Free at last; won't be undersold

Surviving isn't living; won't eat what I'm told

Let me free, I'll astonish you; I'm planning to fly

I won't let this party just pass me by


The banquet is now underway, so...

Bring out the bottles; a new tale has spun

In clearing this table, my new life's begun

I am nervous, excited; (oh) just read the marquee!

A lifetime of hiding; I'm suddenly free!

My dinner is waiting for me


A lifetime of hiding; I'm suddenly free!

My dinner is waiting for me

No comments: