Thursday, September 06, 2007

Moroccan Cuisine @ Algeria

My Turkish colleague's girlfriend is visiting for 2 weeks, and yesterday was the first day she arrived. So the usual bunch of us headed to a Moroccan restaurant- Dar Ghnawa, that was situated within the compound of the condominium my colleague was staying at.

The Supposed Entrance
The usual entrance was blocked, so we had to
go round the block & use the backdoor instead.

The Boys Were Confused =p

I Love This Shot... Has A Lotta Feel~

The restaurant's decor was mainly in traditional Moroccan style. However, the overall ambience was like a chill out lounge with jazz music videos playing on the big screen in the middle of the restuarant.
The Main Hall
I Have A Thing For Stairways & Bridges
Don't ask me why -__-

I had Tagine Kefta (Moroccan Spiced Meatballs w/ Eggs in Tomato Sauce). It was YUMMY! ! ! Ironic as it may sound, the Tagine Kefta I had that night, was definitely yummier than the ones I had in Casablanca! *hahaha*

You know, I was just thinking. It’s funny how I move around Algiers to savour cuisines from all parts of the globe except authentic Algerian food itself. Perhaps I’m subconsciously avoiding anything Algerian cos I’m so put-off by the ever so potent odor that seems to linger in ever corner of Algeria. >.<

2 comments:

scar said...

Hi deepsix,
We just came to Algiers from Istanbul 3 days ago and we are digging the internet for 3 days to find a single good restaurant name. This Moroccan one seems ok. =)
Is this restaurant in Algiers? If yes, where exactly?
Thanks for your help...

deepsix said...

Hello scar,

Indeed, the mentioned restaurant is in Algiers.

It might be a little difficult for me to explain how to get there, but I'll try my best.

The name of the restaurant is Dar Ghnawa. It's situated within the compound of a condominium at Saharaoui. The only landmark I can point out is that this condominium is diagonally opposite the local zoo entrance.

Not sure how helpful this info is, but do let me know if you need more details. Perhaps I might be able to hook you up with a friend to guide you there.

Cheers! :)