Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Life Savers

This entry might not interest many… esp. the male readers. But I’ve gotta share these life saving products with you. Who knows, you might be interested to try them out yourself! (*o^)v

As most of you already know, I spend more than 85% of my time working in Algiers, Algeria.
And if you’ve read my post on “A Peek Into My Work Life”, you would have seen the terrifying (at least to me) working environment I come in contact with every day.

*YIKES*
With the dry climate in North Africa, plus the pollution I’m exposed to day in day out, it’s not surprising that my already sensitive & blemish-prone complexion went from bad to worse since I arrived. Somehow, the products which worked for my skin in Singapore didn’t quite work for me in North Africa.

After much research, I finally found a couple of French products which I’m comfortable with, that managed to keep my troubled skin under control. Well, of course the blemishes are still there. But I now have fewer outbreaks, plus, the surface of my skin feels a lot smoother.

Here are the products I use for my daily skin care regime:
1) Cleanse with Avène - Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser


2) Spray on a layer of Avène - Thermale Spring Water, pat dry with fingertips after 30 secs (*Highly recommended! This bottle of baby can be used for all sorts of purposes; set make-up, toner, anti-irritation, refresh skin when travelling or when in air-conditioned rooms, etc. I keep a bottle in my handbag at all times! Can’t leave home without it!)
3) Apply La Roche-Posay - Effaclar K Acne Treatment Fluid (*Highly recommended! Unclog pores and gets rid of all the blackheads, whiteheads, etc. You can feel the skin smoother after 5 days! I swear!)
4) Apply Avène - Hydrance Optimale Light Cream (*Optional: If your skin feels moisturised enough, then no need for this)

5) Apply Avène – Emulsion SPF50+ (*If you’re heading out for the day)
I’ve recently purchase Avène – Spray SPF 50+, wanna try something different after using the Emulsion SPF 50+ religiously for the past 5 years.


Call me girly, but I’m all excited just thinking I’ve a new product to try out! Contented with the little things in life! >.<

No comments: